Etgar 36

San Francisco – Day 1

– Elliot Adams

I woke up very tired today, and I was very excited because lucky for me we had an 8 hour bus ride. So we all got breakfast, and it was one of the better hotel breakfasts we have had in my opinion. I got waffles, eggs, potatoes, and watermelon. We got on the bus and I was pretty tired so I was trying to sleep but I couldn’t so I was playing games on my phone. At around 11 AM, we stopped in Santa Barbra for an early lunch. I wasn’t really hungry by then so I just got a Starbucks parfait and a Rice Krispy for 9 dollars. So I chilled and ate then walked around Santa Barbra. It was very nice there and very peaceful and calm. Then we got back on the bus for about 2 more hours and drove up more of the California coast which was very cool to see. Then after the ride, we took a pit stop at the beach with bathroom stops. The beach was cool, and there were a lot of cute dogs there. Then after the beach, we got back on the bus and drove for like 3 more hours up north.

During this time, I napped for a little bit and I was playing games and just looking outside while admiring the nature of California. Then we took our final pit stop at a gas station around 2 hours from SF. I went to the bathroom and got back on the bus. Then at around 6:30, I was able to see the San Francisco skyline however, we got stuck in traffic, so we didn’t get to the hotel until 7:30. Then we walked around San Francisco and went out to dinner. I went to an Italian spot called Mona Lisa. I got spaghetti with bolognese sauce. It was delicious, although it was 22 dollars. After I finished eating, I went to City Lights Bookstore bookstore that was pretty cool. Billy had taught us about the Beatnik writers and poets and how City Lights was an important place in their movement.

Then we walked back as a group to the hotel and talked about today and what we would be doing tomorrow. I am sad because I only have 3 more days left on the trip but I am excited to back home and chill. So we went to the hotel and I was really tired so I fell asleep really quickly and now I’m writing this at 8:40 am the next day in the hotel bed. Yeah, that was Etgar 36 Thursday, July 13th, a pretty uneventful day, but it was chill, and I am excited to see more of San Francisco.